*Note:* Before upgrading, please beware that PHP 5.3, provided with Ubuntu 10.04, is *not* supported by several of the Virtualmin Professional Install Scripts. Since we have no control over those applications, the timeline for when they will work with PHP 5.3 is not under out control. We strongly recommend you check all of the applications you use, to be sure they will survive the upgrade, before moving from 8.04 to 10.04.
- Plan for some down time (sorry, it's gotta happen with a distribution upgrade, regardless of Virtualmin being involved).
- Convert your apt Virtualmin source in /etc/apt/sources.list to point to the virtualmin-lucid repo, instead of virtualmin-hardy. Also add a virtualmin-universal source (this is new for lenny and will make upgrades and some other stuff easier/faster in the future; both on my side as the maintainer of the repos and on your side as the user). The virtualmin-universal source line looks like:
- Upgrade the apache2 package from lucid with:
- Upgrade virtualmin-base to the lucid version with:
- This will probably (hopefully) install apache2-suexec-custom. Configure it in /etc/apache2/suexec/www-data to point to /home instead of /var/www (this is the first line in the file).
- Assuming upgrading virtualmin-base worked, you can then probably safely dist-upgrade. Let us know about any weird dependency issues that seem Virtualmin related by filing a ticket in the issue tracker.
deb https://SERIAL:KEY@software.virtualmin.com/ubuntu/ virtualmin-universal
Or, if using Virtualmin GPL:
deb https://software.virtualmin.com/gpl/ubuntu/ virtualmin-universal
apt-get install apache2
apt-get install virtualmin-base