Once you have registered at least one GCE project with Cloudmin, you can create a GCE instance under that project as follows :
- On the left menu, open the Create System category and click on Create GCE instance. This will open the Create New System page.
- In the Internet hostname field, enter the hostname you want this system to be setup with. Note that this will not be automatically registered in DNS.
- In the System description field enter a short description, like "Foo Corp's webserver".
- From the SSH key for root menu, select one of your keys. GCE instances can only be accessed using a key, so you must have at least one key registered with Cloudmin first.
- Under Host and networking options , select an image to create this instance from using the GCE system image menu. By default only images from the standard Linux distributions provided by GCE are listed.
- To change the resources available to the instance, select a size from the GCE instance type menu.
- To control the location the instance will be created in, select a region from the Create instance in zone menu.
- Click the Create button.
Once instance creation completes, you will be able to manage the system like any other VM created by Cloudmin. This process typically takes between 1 and 5 minutes, depending on the location and image size.