- Plan for some down time (sorry, it's gotta happen with a distribution upgrade, regardless of Virtualmin being involved).
- Convert your apt Virtualmin source to point to the virtualmin-lenny repo, instead of virtualmin-etch. Also add a virtualmin-universal source (this is new for lenny and will make upgrades and some other stuff easier/faster in the future; both on my side as the maintainer of the repos and on your side as the user). The virtualmin-universal source line looks like:
- Upgrade the apache2 package from lenny with:
- Upgrade virtualmin-base to the lenny version with:
- This will probably (hopefully) install apache2-suexec-custom. Configure it in /etc/apache2/suexec/www-data to point to /home instead of /var/www (this is the first line in the file).
- Assuming upgrading virtualmin-base worked, you can then probably safely dist-upgrade. Let us know about any weird dependency issues that seem Virtualmin related by filing a ticket in the issue tracker.
deb https://SERIAL:KEY@software.virtualmin.com/debian/ virtualmin-universal
Or, if using Virtualmin GPL:
deb https://software.virtualmin.com/gpl/debian/ virtualmin-universal
apt-get install apache2
apt-get install virtualmin-base