This tutorial will cover how to permit one or more users read access to other user directories.
It assumes you have first [logged into Virtualmin](/documentation/tutorial/how-to-log-in).
0. Choose the domain for which you would like to permit FTP shared directories in the domain selection dropdown.
Edit Email and FTP Users.
0. Create the users you want, making sure their 'Login permisisons' include FTP access.
0. In the `Limits and Validation` menu, click `FTP Directory Restrictions`.
0. Create a new access rule by checking the `Active` checkbx in the last rule in the list (which is a "blank" rule), and selecting the virtual server to which the rule should apply.
0. Choose `Virtual server's home directory` in the `Restrict to directory`.
0. Click `Save`.
Users will then have read access to all directories within the virtual server home directory, and upload access within their home directory.