Cloudmin 5.0 released
Cloudmin 5.0 released
Cloudmin version 5.0 is now available for download from our YUM and APT repositories. Existing users should see a message on the Cloudmin Information page after logging in, prompting to upgrade to the new release.
This update contains several major new features, including :
- Show the creation time and age of virtual systems on the Edit System page, and in the output of the list-systems API command.
- The initial bandwidth limit for a new virtual system can now be set on the Create System page, and a default defined on the Cloudmin Configuration page.
- When creating a new system a new owner for it can be created at the same time, or an existing owner selected to manage it.
- All API commands that operate on multiple systems now support the --host-on flag to select systems by their parent host, and --status to select by current status.
- The backup-systems API command now takes a --test flag, to display which systems will be backed up to where.
- Added a search box to the IP Addresses page to search by system name, host name or IP address. When creating a new KVM virtual system an advanced option is available to choose if VirtIO should be used for its disks. This provides improved performance, but requires that the virtual system's kernel support VirtIO (as most linux versions do).
- When creating a KVM or Xen system using HVM you can now select what type of network card is emulated on the virtual system. This is also possible when adding a real interface to an existing system. Bandwidth usage statistics are now collected for physical systems as well as virtual machines, and can be graphed in the same way.
- Added the ability to search for systems by owner to the Managed Systems page.
- The keyboard map for the console of KVM systems can now be set on the Edit System page.
- Added the lock-system API command.
- New virtual systems for which Cloudmin is configured to login using an SSH key have their root password locked at creation time.
As always, please report any problems you encounter using this new version via the support issue tracker.