I am pretty well at my wits end here. First I cannot grant you login permissions as due to this issue I have dumped all active containers and erased all the DNS info and isolated the system.
OK, what I am running - each of these are in their own OpenVZ containers. OS- All CentOS 6.7 systems withe the virtual containers running the modified OpenVZ kernel.
1) Cloudmin Licensed as host system. 2) Virtualmin/Webmin for hosting websites, but no virtual servers exist due to this broken ipatbles issue. 3) Identical to above, but no hosting but as a DNS slave system.
So I have had all manner of erratic issues with using Networking>Linux Firewall> (iptables module) After goofing around for a day, comparing all of the files, this is where things stand. The cloudmin system works properly when reset, changed to the last option (template made to get you started with WM/VM or CM.) After fusing around getting errors like below, I clustered all of the systems' firewalls and the result is, A) Cloudmin fine, loads and applies rules. B) Webserving install #1 (helium001.xxx.com is Correction is is broken just like the next Web/Virtualmin install. C) This system (helium002.xxx.com) is unable to start (load) any rules and gives me the nonstop failed at a COMMIT line crap. I have checked all associated files and none of them are any different. Can you point me in any direction here? I need to get past this as I have DNS to work out for these three systems before I can start serving and it too has been buggy and odd. I never had these issues on the last incantation of VPS's, but now with my own dedicated system here, things seem entirely different. Error I receive on apply to machine #3.:
Failed to apply configuration : Error from helium002.userveit.com :
iptables: Setting chains to policy ACCEPT: mangle filter [ OK ]
iptables: Flushing firewall rules: [ OK ]
iptables: Unloading modules: [ OK ]
iptables: Applying firewall rules: iptables-restore: line 52 failed
PS, I lied, the faulty virtual machines' - Webmin/Virtualmin under closer inspection, both installs fail with the same error as above at a COMMIT line. I have tried about everything now I can think of in the last several days. I really did not want to have to write a script in order to do this as things are known to go wrong that way. (I.E. as easy to mess up that as anything else...)