Honestly, this program is starting to shit me!
As soon as anything is done that is outside a default install virtualmin doesnt work properly and all sorts of errors are encountered with a fix that requires a degree in rocket science to correct!
In virtualmin 1. i created a new database for whmcs and gave it a custom name 2. i then went into users and created a new user to be utilised with whmcs 3. i added the user to the database in permissions
log into url for the whmcs install and here we F'ing go and error...
Could not connect to database server: SQLSTATE[HY000]  Access denied for user 'whmcs'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
I have given the user permission to access the database in step 2 and 3. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!
The solution is quite simple, however, its damn frustrating. There is a quirk in the usernaming within virtualmin...whenever one creates a new user, it seems that in order for that user to have mysql access one must use the ftp login user...ie username.mydomain.com.au (instead of just the username).
I think that virtualmin should not list the username under the name column in ftp users...its very very misleading. It is also misleading to even have mysql users in this location to be honest...its damned confusing.
Mysql users should be in their own user list under mysql...not in the ftp list!