Updating using yum

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Tue, 06/13/2006 - 06:38
JoelM

Updating using yum

I have been trying to update virtualmin using yum but get this each time:

yum update wbm-virtual-server Setting up Update Process Setting up repositories updates-released 100% |=========================| 951 B 00:00 extras 100% |=========================| 1.1 kB 00:00 base 100% |=========================| 1.1 kB 00:00 Reading repository metadata in from local files primary.xml.gz 100% |=========================| 391 kB 00:02 updates-re: ################################################## 1103/1103 Added 34 new packages, deleted 6 old in 6.04 seconds primary.xml.gz 100% |=========================| 856 kB 00:06 extras : ################################################## 2975/2975 Added 246 new packages, deleted 47 old in 10.19 seconds Could not find update match for wbm-virtual-server No Packages marked for Update/Obsoletion [[root@fc4 ~]]#

Anyone know what I am doing wrong? Joel

Wed, 06/14/2006 - 00:59
Joe
Joe's picture

Hey Joel,

Looks like you don't have Virtualmin Professional installed. The Virtualmin Professional install script sets up the virtualmin and virtualmin-universal repositories, which are necessary for this yum command to make sense (the Virtualmin packages are not provided by the Fedora project, and thus are not in the standard Fedora repositories, which is all your yum is querying).

The installation process is covered in the Administrator's guide:

https://www.virtualmin.com/support/documentation/virtualmin-admin-guide/...

You can find all of your purchased products install scripts referenced in the above document here:

https://www.virtualmin.com/serial/

If you have any trouble with the installation docs, please let me know.

--

Check out the forum guidelines!

Wed, 06/14/2006 - 23:55
JoelM

I do have professional installed... I used the scripts to install... here is my order number ( 3000721 )

Did I do something wrong... everything works fine... just cant update to latest version..

Thanks
Joel

Thu, 06/15/2006 - 09:34
JoelM

problem solved... we had moved the repo file when your virtualmin repo was down one day... moved back and all is fine...

thanks
joel