As stated I am new to these as I have been a cPanel/WHM user for years.
I have a new dedicated server which I am setting up with 500gb ssd in raid1 for OS and 4tb sata in raid10 for data storage. This is a first for me in the sense I have always used raid1 for everything.
So after having read up on cloud/virtual for the last week I am left with a couple of questions as I don't want to stuff up installing these. In understanding that Virtualmin runs as user accounts inside cloudmin and that cloud creates Virtual servers within a server my questions are.
1) Based on my raidx2 setup for OS/data storage setup I presume installing cloudmin would be the first thing to do. If I install cloud in my raid1 will it read/find the rad5 data storage capacity and use that to create it's virtual machines on or will it mix the 2 raids into a single storage total. Basically my idea is to not use my raid1 for storage of data other than the default setup stuff of cause used for running the OS.
2) is cloud installed once on the main system and then creates virtual machines from within that or does cloud have to be installed from the word go into separate VM's from the word go. Basically does cloud allow for different sized packages to be created or does virtualmin take care of that side of things when creating hosting packages.
3) Basically this question is pretty much the same as Q2 but for virtualmin meaning does virtualmin get installed into the main cloudmin and then create users from the available cloudmin virtual machines created or does it create VM's as need/required.
4) This question is just a throw out there question if is know to anyone and probably not one you want to answer but based on my past usage of websites and knowing it's the most commonly used I do need if it is possible to do within a cloudmin VM.
And this is: can we install different control panels (for example) like cPanel within a cloudmin VM.
As I am new here I hoping these question will cover me for installing everything and getting to a clean starting point without issues.
Hope you can help.
5) What is the difference with using the free version for setting up and testing it out and then installing the pro version over the top of that when ready to go live or is there a big difference between the 2 that the pro needs be install instead.