I don't know if the problem described below is a webmin problem, a virtualmin problem or a linux containers problem.
- On my VPS with Ubuntu 18.04, I created the LXD container "inglesnobrasil" with the Ubuntu 18.04 image.
- In this container, I successfully installed virtualmin using the script.
- I set iptable rules for ports 80, 443 and 10000 (the port for virtualmin)
- In a browser, http://inglesnobrasil.com.br displayed the web page.
- In a browser, https://inglesnobrasil.com.br gave me an error.
In a browser, http://inglesnobrasil.com.br:10000 displayed the web page after accepting the risk of an unsecure page.
In virtualmin I added the domain inglesnobrasil.com.br.
- In creating the domain, in enabled features, I unchecked "Setup DNS zone" (I use cloudflare.) and checked Setup SSL website too.
- After doing this, when I go to inglesnobrasil using either http// or https//, I get a 403 Forbidden error "You don't have permission to access / on this server."
- And when I go to inglesnobrasil/index.html using either http// or https//, I get a 403 Not Found error "The requested URL /index.html was not found on this server."
- I entered the container and went to /var/www/html/ and the index.html page that displayed in step 4 above is there.
Any ideas what the problem might be or how to correct this?