The whole problem is described here: https://www.virtualmin.com/node/57179
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1) add domain: domain.com
2) add sub-domain: sub1.domain.com
3) add sub-domain: sub2.domain.com
4) try to Change Domain Name for domain.com (parent)
Error: [Failed to change domain name : The following DNS sub-domains are using this server's zone file ...]
However, it says "fixed". But I have a 100% up-to-date Professional installation, and I get the same problem.
Basically I have like ~23 domains altogether (sub and normal), so not all that much.
For some unknown reason, Virtualmin added them with random names.
- domainA.com has the admin user "domaina", the group "domaina", and the home folder of /home/domaina
- domainB.com has the admin user "domainb.com", the group "domainb.com", and the home folder of /home/domainb.com
There is no pattern, it seems utter random.
There is also a domain that used "admin" username for admin. God knows why. But it causes trouble with backup + re-import.
I wanna clear all this mess up and then migrate my installation. But I can't.
I go into a parent server, I go into Change Domain Name, and I get the error.
Please help? Or please fix?
Webmin version 1.930
Usermin version 1.780
Virtualmin version 6.07 Pro