Introduction to Plans
In Cloudmin, an account plan is a set of restrictions that can be applied to a system owner. Plans can limit the following :
* Number of systems the owner can create
* Total RAM assigned to virtual systems
* Total disk space assigned
* Total CPU assigned
* Number of IP addresses assigned to virtual systems
* Disk space used for backups created by the system owner
* Combined bandwidth for virtual systems
* Allowed actions, such as shutting down, creating systems and managing virtual disks
* Allowed host systems
* System images the owner can use
All limits apply to the total usage of all systems owned by the user the plan is applied to.
Creating and Managing Plans
Cloudmin comes with one default plan that is created when installed. To add your own plans, do the following :
1. Open the *Cloudmin Settings* category on the left menu, and click on *Account Plans*.
1. Click on *Add a new account plan* , and fill in the *Plan name* field.
1. Enter any other limits you want, such as on disk space or RAM.
1. If needed, take away some actions in the *Plan restrictions* section. Those selected by default are generally safe and reasonable.
1. In the *Host system restrictions* section, choose hosts that owners on this plan should be able to use for new systems. You can also select the method via which a host is chosen.
1. To prevent use of some images (such as those containing commerical software), limit the selection in the *System images* section.
1. Click the *Create* button.
To edit a plan after it is created, go to the *Account Plans* page and click on its name. Any changes in limits or restrictions will be immediately applied to system owners on the plan.
To delete a plan, check the box next to its name in the *Account Plans* list, then hit the *Delete Selected Plans* button.
Applying Plans to Owners
Once a plan has been created, you can apply it to an owner as follows :
1. Go to *Cloudmin Settings* -> *System Owners*, and click on an owner.
1. Under *Limits and restrictions*, select your new plan.
1. Make sure that other settings are set to *From plan*, so that the owner's individual limits will not be used.
1. Click the *Save* button.